Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Counting Calories is the Holy Grail

Here I am, only a half pound lost this week on average after a huge cheat day and a half on Friday and Sunday with another huge cheat weekend ahead as I take off to Huntington Beach for a wedding, ensuring that over the next week and a half, I will lose no weight.

But really, trust me. I know what I'm doing. Counting calories is the absolute best way to ensure weight loss (or gain).

I used to be pretty anti-calorie counting. It was always portrayed as joke in media and movies with the self-absorbed jogger obsessed with the number of calories in each and every thing they ate. It sounded foreign, excessive, and entirely unneeded from my uninformed point of view. Through my eyes, these people seemed too uptight, tense, and unable to enjoy life the way I felt I could. I still feel that way to some point, although I've gone over to the other side. I can't let loose like I used to, knowing what I'm putting into my body is going to turn into fat if I don't use it up.

So let's assume you're not me in that past stage. You're not someone perfectly happy with who they are and how they look. Let's assume that, like me, you were overweight and sick of it, and dying for a change. If so, you've come to the right place. I got something you really . . . really . . . really need to read.

This blog right here: How To Lose Weight - The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide

Seriously. That post right there is the most important tool to controlling your weight you will ever read. You could lose 5 lbs, 50 lbs, or 500 lbs following that guide.

But let's assume you're lazy and don't want to click that link and read that post. First off, shame on you. You haven't even started trying to lose weight and you're already too lazy to click a link? Ouch. You got a tough road ahead.

The general gist of the post is this: Your body is a car, and every day you burn X amount of fuel. Some days you burn more fuel than others, depending on what you do and where you go. If you put more fuel into your car than you burn, your car will store the extra fuel on the car itself in extra storage tanks. If you put less fuel in the car than it needs, it will take the fuel it needs from those same extra storage tanks. If you want to remove extra storage tanks off the car, you have to intentionally put less fuel in the car than it needs, forcing it to use its reserves to make energy.

Now, read that again and replace Fuel with Calories, Car with Body, Extra Storage Tanks with Fat.

BOOM! You're an expert in weight loss (and also weight gain). Congrats. The easy part is now over.

Long story short, I started counting calories after deciding to take my health and fitness seriously. I dropped 40lbs in 10 months, intentionally gained 30 lbs in an attempt to bulk up some muscle, and am now currently losing it again. So long as I count, I can control the number on the scale. The amount of fat on my body depends solely upon my decision, my control, and it feels great!

Want some pictures? Some proof that I pulled this off? Sure. I got that - Imgur link to Album

No comments:

Post a Comment