Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Review: A Short History of Nearly Everything

A Short History of Nearly Everything A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have only one complaint about this book: it ended.

A Short History of Nearly Everything (ASHNE) is a comprehensive, witty, yet brief overview of the what we know about who we are, how we got here, and the interesting developments of what we used to come to these conclusions. ASHNE covers a good bit of ground from the breadth of the universe, the composition of atoms, the plight of evolution, and what the Earth does in its spare time. Bryson does a fantastic job of providing a steady stream of interesting information while avoiding the potential numerous pitfalls of sounding dull, repetitive, and droning when talking in depth of certain scientific topics. Not only that, but he frequently injects lighthearted humor throughout the work, keeping the reader constantly chuckling whilst still being in awe at the wonder of life.

I'm really not sure what more to say about this book. I really did love just about everything and couldn't wait to read it whenever I had time. I don't know if it's the best non-fiction I have or will ever read, but I'll be damned if it isn't close, and I'd recommend this book to everyone everywhere.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment