Monday, March 28, 2016

World of Myth Release: A Legend Ascends

It's complete! It's complete! The series is finally finished. All six books are completely written, edited, and released. What a journey.


The sixth and final book in Emily's Saga is complete, and I've already compiled all the books into a single digital file, ready to download. As always, I give out a proud thanks to my editor, Patricia Hamill, and my talented cover artist, Jack Baker.

It's a bit crazy to think back on all that's changed since I started this series. I first thought about Beyond the Plains in July of 2010, sitting on my girlfriend's sister's couch in her apartment, recently graduated and unemployed at the height of the recession, using a combination of parting-time jobs and past savings to pay for my student loans while I desperately tried to figure out what to do with my spare time besides contemplate what a failure I was.

Now A Legend Ascends is wrapped up on March 28th, 2016, and I'm gainfully employed in a stable job I enjoy going to, student loans paid off, married to a wonderful woman, traveling the world once or twice a year, both bought and am now selling my first house for an upgrade, whilst reducing my debt at the same time, and I feel like I'm just getting started.

Emily has come a long way, too. She started out as a no-name youngster with nothing but a dream. No prophecies told of her coming, no birthright she could lay claim to; she had nothing to rely on but her determination and skill in a world far too harsh for reality. Undaunted, she pressed on, sometimes doubting herself but never letting that doubt hold her back. She rose from nothing to conquer what she set out to do, defying all those who thought otherwise and gaining an independence most only dream of.

In a way, perhaps my story mirrors hers, or at least mirrors most other Hero's Journey tales. As they say, fact is stranger than fiction, and perhaps the strangest of all is how often our fiction is nothing but a child of our facts.

So anyway, if you've stuck with me thus far, thank you. I hope you've found my storytelling well worth the time you've devoted to it. I hope to bring you more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment